Barry Jackson Associates was formed in 1993 and operates as independent roofing and cladding consultants providing a wide range of services, including:
- Advising developers, architects and design and build contractors regarding project specifications
- Providing informed technical comments on subcontractors’ drawings.
- Site inspections of work in progress, or completed contracts.
- Working with roofing contractors and manufacturers in developing and improving their systems.
- Specialist site investigations into failures and appropriate remedial actions.
- Provision of rainwater calculations to support gutter and downpipe sizing.
- Roofing and cladding consultant to major developers, surveyors, design and build contractors, architectural practices and building owners.
- Providing informed and impartial advice as part of design and build projects.
- Expert witness services.
- Dilapidations inspections and disputes.
I have worked continuously in the field of roofing and cladding since 1968 and have been involved in all aspects of the industry from managing estimating departments, drawing offices and technical departments to extensive site experience. Furthermore, I have studied roofing and cladding techniques in the UK, Holland, Sweden, Finland, Germany and France and have been involved in the successful testing of cladding firewalls, structural tests and curtain walling test programmes.
In addition, I have spent 10 years in the field of low rise curtain walling and was a member of the Standards Committee for Bath University’s Centre for Window and Cladding Technology (CWCT), Curtain Walling – A Standard and Guide to Good Practice.
I am a Fellow of the Institute of Roofing (FIoR) and have previously completed NVQ Assessor Training and was Chairman of the Specification sub-committee of the Partnership in Technology / BRE Zelro Scheme. As a consultant to the MCRMA, I have worked on various technical papers, including TP11 Metal Fabrications, TP16 Endlap Sealants and the soon to be published paper on fixing and sealing aluminium flashings. I also represent the MCRMA on the Construction Products Association (CPA) technical committee.
Barry Jackson Associates Limited
Chiltern House Business Centre
45 Station Road
Henley on Thames
Tel: + 44 (0)1491 845546
Tel: + 44 (0)7774 249471