The Metal Cladding & Roofing Manufacturers Association (MCRMA) represents, promotes and supports the interests of systems manufacturers, component suppliers, independent roofing and cladding inspectors and industry support services suppliers who provide building envelope solutions for metal-based roofing and cladding products and services.
MCRMA membership is open only to those companies who operate and comply with the requirements of the MCRMA Membership Charter; a Charter which reflects and underpins the philosophy and principles of the leading manufacturers, component suppliers and industry consultants whose products, systems and services are associated with the construction of the building envelope.
As the voice for the industry, MCRMA works closely with a variety of industry bodies and Standards committees to develop building envelope solutions and to disseminate best practice, ensuring that its members operate to the highest standards at all times.
MCRMA members are regarded as the premier suppliers of goods and service to the metal building envelope sector and are known for their ability to speak with authority; have a full and unequalled knowledge of their business sector and without doubt offer reliability to their customers.
If you share this philosophy then we would be delighted to hear from you!
The key benefits of membership are
- A comprehensive range of guidance documents for the use of specifiers and practitioners on topics connected with the use of construction products within the metal building envelope in the non-domestic sector.
- The Association holds scheduled technical conferences for member companies where pertinent and important industry topics are explored in depth with industry experts and professional organisations.
- Quarterly members’ meetings to update members on key industry issues and an opportunity to discuss specific technical and industry matters.
- Speakers from industry on topics relevant to non-domestic construction and the issues associated with it for example, statistics, materials and coating technology, sustainability, specifications, legislation, regulation and general industry matters.
- Access to the Construction Products Association (CPA) technical team, industry statistics and members only web site.
- Whole industry statistics and trends issued to system manufacturer members on annual basis. Ad hoc reports are issued to all members.
- Individual technical focus groups concentrating on specific industry sectors for example, rainscreen, safety lines and sustainability.
- Direct input into British Standard and International drafting committees and other bodies covering, amongst others:
- BS 5427 + A1 Code of Practice for roof and wall covering
- CEN TC 128 SC7
- BS EN 14782 harmonised standard
- BS EN 14509 harmonised standard
- BS 5250 Code of practice for control of condensation in buildings
- BR 443 Conventions for U value calculations
- HSG 33 Health and safety in roof work
- Representation on:
- Member of the Construction Products Association (CPA) Trade Association Council and Technical committees
- Member of the CPA Expert Panel which feeds into the Industry Response Group (formed following the Grenfell fire)
- Member of the Advisory Committee for Roofsafety (ACR) committee
Services for members
- Regularly updated web site which features a profile page for each member with direct links to each member company’s own web site.
- A wide range of guidance documents downloadable from the web site.
- Regular feature articles published in industry journals which are available to download from the web site.
- Projects and case studies from member companies published on the web site and highlighted in regular emailers to architects and specifiers.
- Weekly eNEWS to update members on the topical news of the work.
- Direct marketing to specifiers and architects.
You can download a copy of this document here
The Membership Charter reflects a wide range of industry concerns with particular reference to health and safety and environmental issues. In the Charter, the MCRMA ensures that its members undertake all work in accordance with relevant health and safety legislation and have a health and safety policy which they uphold both in principle and practice.
In addition, members are required to have due regard for environmental issues during procurement, delivery (including installation implementation) and waste disposal and members are committed to using /their best endeavours to minimise adverse environmental impact in the provision of their products and/or services. The environmental and sustainable benefits of metal are now recognised by clients, designers and engineers alike and have led to a much wider use of metal in construction. MCRMA and its members will show specifiers how to create imaginative and innovative building designs that offer cost-effective and sustainable solutions which will benefit future generations.
As the premier suppliers of metal roofing and cladding materials and services for the building envelope to the non-domestic sector, MCRMA members are recognised for their ability to speak with authority on building envelope design, have a full and unequalled knowledge of their business sector and offer complete reliability to their customers.