To ensure safety during roof work requires the commitment of all those involved in the procurement process. This publication aims to give advice on how this can be achieved, by addressing:
- The planning of, and safe systems of work for, work at height
- The selection and use of work equipment for work at height
- The management and supervision of work at height
- The competence of workers performing work at height
- The role designers can play in limiting hazards.
This guide gives practical advice on the duties placed on clients, contractors, designers and manufacturers and includes recommendations for good practice in roof safety while working on roofs. It concentrates on profiled roofs. Nevertheless, those engaged in other similar activities would benefit from the advice given, as many of the principles apply and offer good practice.
Please note: The MCRMA contact details at the back if this publication are incorrect and should read as follows:
106 Ruskin Avenue
Tel: 01633 895633
Contact: Mr C Jones
The ACR also recommends you download the Orange Book commentary